There has been some confusion over logging into the website using the log in bar on the right hand panel.
- Parents CANNOT log into the website, only students and staff have the necessary Realsmart password.
- You DO NOT NEED to log into the website in order to view or search the website or to read the newsletter articles.
- You DO NOT NEED to log into the website in order to use the BMS Access links on the right hand panel – Learning Gateway, Learning Platform, School Documents and School E-Mail.
- Students and staff may just click those BMS Access links on the right hand panel and they will then be asked for their normal account username/password.
- Parents only have a Learning Gateway (parents) username/password and may only click that to find out about their child’s progress at school.
So why log into the website?
If you do log into the website using the bar on the right hand panel you need to use your Realsmart password (not normal account or gateway password) and you can then:
- Add posts (though these are reviewed before publishing and generally this only applies to staff).
- Go onto Realsmart – e.g. for Academic Mentoring.
- Go onto Cloud apps (Aviary ready, others in developent)
- Take part in messaging other subscribers – but this is only in trial at the moment.