At Bushey Meads School, we believe that partnership with parents/carers is an essential element in achieving our aims for our students. This home-school agreement sets out some of the important features of this partnership.
Our aims and values
• We have high academic, social and personal expectations of all at Bushey Meads.
• All children are entitled to equality of educational opportunity.
• We aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum in a stimulating environment designed to assist each student to realise his or her potential, both as an individual and as a member of society.
• We aim to equip our students for lifelong learning.
• We welcome and value the diversity represented within our school population.
• We promote respect for others, so that all of our students can feel happy and secure throughout their time at Bushey Meads.
• We value our positive partnership with parents/carers and the wider community.
The school will:
• Promote high quality teaching and learning.
• Provide regular information about each student’s progress.
• Draw attention to any concerns without undue delay.
• Ensure that rewards and punishments are applied fairly and consistently.
• Endeavour to provide a safe and healthy environment and deal firmly with any discrimination or bullying.
Parents/carers are expected to:
• Support the school’s aims and values, rules and discipline policy.
• Ensure that their child attends school fully and punctually.
• Ensure that no holidays are arranged to occur during term time.
• Provide a quiet place for their child to study and ensure that homework is completed on time.
• Sign their child’s diary/planner weekly, taking notes of any messages from teachers.
• Attend parents’ consultation evenings.
• Ensure that their child attends in full uniform (unless in the Sixth Form) and is properly equipped for lessons.
• Keep the school informed of any circumstances that may affect their child’s education.
Students are expected to:
• Support the school’s aims and values.
• Attend school fully and punctually.
• Work hard.
• Complete homework on time.
• Arrive at lessons properly equipped.
• Wear full school uniform (unless in the Sixth Form).
• Behave in accordance with the school’s rules and discipline policy and treat other members of the school community with respect.
• Contribute to the life of the school in a positive manner.
• Respect the school site and equipment.