Another academic year passes! As a school community, in line with our Theme of the Week Reflection, we have been looking back at all the successes of the year; remembering the many experiences we have had and can learn from, as we build to another even more successful and exciting year next year.
Even just this week we…..
- enjoyed a stunning Arts Extravaganza on Monday evening
- facilitated an enjoyable rewards trip for students in Years 7 – 10 to Thorpe Park on Tuesday
- enjoyed an excellent presentation from John Gilligan (now a Headteacher designate) who has been completing his National Professional Qualification for Headship placement at BMS this year – working alongside Senior Assistant Headteacher Mr Fisher and More Abl e Coordinator Miss Booth, as they continue to develop our very important More Able agenda
- hosted another Arsenal Ladies and England National footballer in school on Wednesday at our Year 8 Assembly who then presented a cheque for nearly £4000 to Kai to go towards his special wheelchair to use in his trials for the England National Team
- took Year 7 students to Boulogne
- held our all-important Year 10 Pre Public Exam (PPE) Results afternoon
- welcomed many students, parents and carers to our Year 9 into 10 and Year 10 Get Ahead Programme (GAP) Evenings on Wednesday
- bid a fond farewell to our lovely Highwood Primary School visitors who have been a part of our school community for the last 3 weeks
- took most of our Year 7 cohort to Cambridge University on Thursday as part of our Reach for the Stars Programme at BMS
- held our prestigious end of year Prize Giving Assemblies today on the last day of term
The week once again epitomised the really strong ethos of the school – to ensure that all our students enjoy their learning at BMS and really Aspire to Achieve. Do have a wonderful summer holiday, encourage your children to complete all their GAP tasks to be able to start the new academic year on a really positive note and don’t forget to click on the link to read about the rest of this week’s BMS News……..